Havas Genus (Havas Genus) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Havas Genus may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or by writing to Data Protection Officer, The HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG, London, UK
How do we collect information about you?
Directly from you. For example, if you submit your details directly on our website, provide us with business cards or other information, register for our events and/or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients. This could include your name and email address and mobile number. For further information about what data we have about you please email [email protected] or alternatively write to Data Protection UK, 3 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
From 3rd Parties. We collect personal information about you indirectly from our clients, suppliers or other market contacts. We may also collect information about you from public sources, including social media sites such as LinkedIn as well as via your subscriptions to 3rd Party contact databases, newsletters and/or publications.
If you want to see the data we hold about you simply email [email protected] Genus.com
How is your information used?
Havas Genus respects the rights of each individual, employee, candidate or customer to have his privacy and personal data protected.
We frequently engage with journalists and other individuals who work in the media sphere on behalf of clients as an integral part of the services we provide. Where we obtain the personal information of journalists and others in the media sphere, we use this information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
- to respond to direct questions or queries made to us;
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts between us and you; with clients; with suppliers; or with third parties;
- to invite you to events and briefings that we run for our clients;
- process a job application;
- send company press releases;
- share insights with respect to possible areas of interest and topics that we think may be relevant.
Havas Genus will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
- Processing your personal information fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- Collecting your personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes;
- Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses;
- Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual’s legal rights;
- Taking appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to keep your data safe and prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information;
- Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis:
- You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Havas Genus is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of another natural personal;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Havas; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Havas Genus or by a third party except where such interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Information submitted by you is stored on secure servers. If you want to see the data we hold about you on this database simply email [email protected]
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
What information is collected?
Havas collects and uses your personal information to better serve you and personalize your experience and interaction with Havas. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with the maintain of record of our processing activities under the responsibility of each of our entities.
Personal information (or ‘Personal data’) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data subject’). An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his/her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. This Policy does not cover personal information rendered anonymous. Personal data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or work. If Personal data rendered anonymous become no longer anonymous (i.e., individual persons are again identifiable), or if pseudonyms are used and allow identification of individual persons, then this Policy will again apply. It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or not to provide you with any products or services. The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
- your name, surname, age, company, image, birth date, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address;
- customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe and others;
- product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data;
- your Havas user ID and password (where applicable);
- Credit card information (where applicable);
- IP address.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We (including our group companies) and carefully selected third parties may use the information we collect to inform you, by letter, fax, phone, SMS and email about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. When providing us with your personal information you will be given the choice to be contacted by these methods for these purposes. You have the right to object at any time to this kind of processing for such marketing.
Links to third-party websites
We may also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Havas Genus on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Havas Genus have control over Havas Genus is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Who has access to your information?
If you do provide personal information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
not use or disclose the information except:
we may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organizations’ for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
in other ways described in this Data Protection policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Havas, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations or public authorities for identification, fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
For more information please email [email protected]
By providing us with your personal information and/or using the websites and/or entering into a contract with us, you consent to our processing your Personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the EU, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will provide appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information is duly protected. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their Personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their Personal data will be processed. We do not process Personal data of minors under 16 without the express consent of their parents or legal representatives.
Your Data Protection rights
Right of access
As data subjects, you may inquire as to the nature of the personal data stored or processed about you by Havas. You will be provided access to your Personal data regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
Right to rectification
If your Personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal data for the purposes of Havas Genus legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
Right to erasure
You can ask for the deletion of your Personal data when it is allowed by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to require a restriction of the processing of your Personal data when it is authorized by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Right to data portability
If you meet the conditions settled by the applicable data protection laws and regulation, you have the right to receive a subset of your Personal data and to transmit them from Havas Genus to another data Controller.
You can also require the direct transmission from Havas Genus to another Controller when it is technically feasible.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
All requests for access, rectification, limitation, erasure, restriction or portability of your Personal data, and any questions regarding this Data Protection Policy, may be sent to: [email protected]